4 years, 1,000,000+ impressions, 3000+ pieces of content across all accounts later…
5 social media tips I wish I learned earlier in my career.
Without further ado, here we go:
- Time is money. When a platform is fertile ground for brand new creators, this is the best time for you to go ALL IN on QUANTITY of content. It is the easiest time to grow and it doesn’t last forever.
- Your friends and family will judge you. This is normal. This is part of the process.
- When something goes viral, stick with it even if YOU don’t like it. You are not your audience.
- When in doubt, just hit post. Don’t spend all your time readjusting colour filters or editing minute details in your story. Just publish and you’ll learn from feedback along the way.
- 99% of your posts will be flops. All creators who have “mastered the art of going viral” have hundreds of posts that didn’t do well. A flopped post is just another reason to try a different angle.
I write these with the intent of making social media a less daunting place for newer creators.
If you found any of these helpful, please share widely with someone you know who wants to build their brand online.
Keep creating 🙂