I think it’s important to stay sharp and enjoy the process of learning things you want to be learning about.
Here’s a list of 7 books that changed my life this year:
- Factfulness by Hans Rosling. Thank you to my friend Amy Chang for bringing it up to my attention. It’s really changed my world and adjusted my perspectives to how grateful we all should be.
- Story Driven by Bernadette Jiwa. I read this on a plane trip back from Calgary, and I loved every page of it. A great read for any artist, marketer, or brand builder who is beginning a new chapter.
- Blood, bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton. A story about how persistence and hard work goes a long way.
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas Stanley. Your dreams aren’t as expensive as you might think they are.
- Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. Stories about how small life events and habits go a long long way.
- Influence by Robert Cialdini. A foundational book for learning how to understand markets and the choices people make.
- All Marketers Are Liars by Seth Godin. My favourite author of all time. This is a manifesto of how marketing should be.
If you’re interested in anthropology, marketing, or artistry I hope you read any of these. Better yet, let me know what I should add to my reading list for 2022.