For every project in school, they put us through a process commonly referred to as “design thinking”
We talk about the steps: empathize, define, ideate, prototype, test
But what does it really entail? I’ve broken down the process into more casual terms:
- What’s this problem that you’re facing? How can we help make things better?
- So here’s what the problem might be…
- We’ve got some things in mind that might work, but we’ll have to test them
- The solution we have is in it’s rough stages, but through testing in it’s real context we’ll likely be able to make it better
- Now that it’s been put to the test, we can make these specific adjustments to improve the experience for next time
Not to mention the invisible extra steps:
- We are doubting this will work
- We can’t think of any better ideas anymore
- We really hope this works out
Emotions may vary throughout the process.